For each of the following sentences, place brackets around the phrase which describes the noun subject. Then, using the Simple Present tense, fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb shown in brackets. For example:
The tools, including the hammer, ___ made of iron. (to be)
The tools, [including the hammer,] are made of iron.
The ferry, as well as the other boats, ___ at anchor. (to be)
The ferry, [as well as the other boats,] is at anchor.
1. The letter, as well as the postcards, _____ on the table. (to be)
2. The windows at the front of the house _____ to be repaired. (to need)
3. His friends, as well as his sister, _____ about to leave. (to be)
4. The meadow, filled with flowers, _____ a beautiful sight. (to be)
5. The children in the class _____ eager to learn. (to be)
6. The kettle, in contrast to the saucepans, _____ pitch black. (to be)
7. The books, although purchased only last year, already _____ worn. (to look)
8. The leader of the musicians _____ responsible for the arrangements. (to be)
9. The table, together with the chairs, _____ quite old. (to be)
10. The members of the club ________ attending the meetings. (to enjoy)
التوقيع لقوي ثامر