1. Using the Present Perfect tense, fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the verbs shown in brackets. For example:
We ____________ the contest. (to enter)
We have entered the contest.
He ____________ the work. (to finish)
He has finished the work.
1. They _______________ a pizza. (to order)
2. It _______________ to rain. (to start)
3. You _______________ the question. (to answer)
4. I _______________ the eggs. (to cook)
5. We _______________ the sauce. (to heat)
6. He _______________ the room. (to clean)
7. She _______________ the car. (to start)
8. They _______________ on the door. (to knock)
9. You _______________ on the lights. (to turn)
10. She _______________ them to come. (to ask)
2. Rewrite the following sentences, using the contracted form of the auxiliary to have. For example:
It has started.
We have telephoned.
1. I have agreed.
2. You have moved.
3. He has looked.
4. We have argued.
5. They have explained.
6. You have waited.
7. She has answered.
8. We have finished.
9. It has cooled.
10. I have ordered.
3. Paying attention to the spelling of the past participles, fill in the blanks using the Present Perfect tense of the regular verbs shown in brackets. For example:
She _________ hard. (to try)
She has tried hard.
He ___________ his friend. (to annoy)
He has annoyed his friend.
1. We _______________ them. (to envy)
2. She ________________ the clarinet for five years. (to play)
3. You _________________ for the job. (to apply)
4. We _______________ the eggs. (to fry)
5. They _________________ six people. (to employ)
6. He ________________ the wall with paint. (to spray)
7. I ________________ home. (to hurry)
8. They _________________ unusual intelligence. (to display)
9. It _________________ our chances. (to destroy)
10. You ________________ on your bicycle. (to rely)
4. Paying attention to the spelling of the past participles, fill in the blanks using the Present Perfect tense of the regular verbs shown in brackets. For example:
He __________ the child. (to scare)
He has scared the child.
They ____________ the hillside. (to scar)
They have scarred the hillside.
1. She __________________. (to apologize)
2. I ________________ the soup. (to stir)
3. It _________________. (to stop)
4. We _________________ what happened. (to explain)
5. They __________________ a concert. (to plan)
6. You ________________ the table. (to wipe)
7. We _________________ our hopes on you. (to pin)
8. She _________________ the choir. (to join)
9. They ________________ an eagle. (to spot)
10. It ___________ every day. (to rain)
11. You _______________ the cream. (to whip)
12. She _______________ everything. (to arrange)
5. Keeping in mind that the ending ed forms a separate syllable only when it follows the letter d or t, indicate the number of syllables in each of the following past participles. Read each of the the past participles aloud. For example:
1. ___ waited
2. ___ wailed
3. ___ pinned
4. ___ printed
5. ___ acted
6. ___ added
7. ___ wanted
8. ___ warned
9. ___ raced
10. ___ rated
11. ___ joined
12. ___ jumped
13. ___ folded
14. ___ frowned
15. ___ passed
16. ___ patted
17. ___ raided
18. ___ rained
19. ___ stared
20. ___ started
6. Fill in the blanks with the Present Perfect tense of the irregular verbs shown in brackets. For example:
They _________ tall. (to grow)
They have grown tall.
He __________ it. (to choose)
He has chosen it.
1. We _____________ lunch. (to eat)
2. I ______________ the floor. (to sweep)
3. She ______________ in a choir. (to sing)
4. They ______________ to work. (to go)
5. You ______________ your way. (to lose)
6. He _____________ earlier than usual. (to rise)
7. We ______________ to everyone. (to speak)
8. I ______________ the kingfisher. (to see)
9. They _________ each other a long time. (to know)
10. She _______________ here from France. (to fly)
11. He ______________ very helpful. (to be)
12. I _______________ the blue cloth. (to cut)
13. We ______________ two letters. (to write)
14. They _______________ the competition. (to win)
15. She ________________ no one. (to tell)
16. It _______________ a long time. (to take)
17. You ________________ to do it. (to forget)
18. I ________________ it. (to hear)
19. They _______________ town. (to leave)
20. He ________________ the problem. (to understand)
7. Following the of the examples, rewrite the following affirmative statements as questions, negative statements, negative questions without contractions, negative questions with contractions, and affirmative statements followed by negative tag questions. For example:
I have read this book.
Have I read this book?
I have not read this book.
Have I not read this book?
Haven't I read this book?
I have read this book, haven't I?
He has found the answer.
Has he found the answer?
He has not found the answer.
Has he not found the answer?
Hasn't he found the answer?
He has found the answer, hasn't he?
1. They have eaten the cookies.
2. She has told the truth.
3. He has run fast.
4. We have watered the plants.
5. You have hurried.
8. Paying attention to the spelling of the present participles, fill in the blanks using the correct forms of the verbs shown in brackets. For example:
I ________________ all night. (to work)
I have been working all night.
She ___________________ the trumpet. (to practise)
She has been practising the trumpet.
1. We ______________________ for you. (to wait)
2. They __________________________ a race. (to run)
3. He ___________________________ a book. (to read)
4. You ___________________________ a letter. (to write)
5. I __________________________ the table. (to set)
6. It __________________________ for hours. (to rain)
7. We __________________________ here for three years. (to live)
8. She ____________________________ to us. (to speak)
9. You ___________________________ presents. (to buy)
10. They ___________________________ a trip. (to plan)
9. Following the of the example, rewrite the following two affirmative statements as questions, negative statements, negative questions without contractions, negative questions with contractions, and affirmative statements followed by negative tag questions. For example:
They have been enjoying themselves.
Have they been enjoying themselves?
They have not been enjoying themselves.
Have they not been enjoying themselves?
Haven't they been enjoying themselves?
They have been enjoying themselves, haven't they?
1. It has been snowing.
2. You have been visiting your friends.
التوقيع لقوي ثامر